From Term 4 2019 we are focussing on bringing yoga to Organisations, Workplaces and Corporations with our MOBILE STUDIO and we are also offering a small selection of Term-based classes for Private Groups in our NICHOLLS STUDIO.
TO JOIN AN ADVERTISED TERM-BASED CLASS IN NICHOLLS
Our classes in NICHOLLS are term-based. Each term goes for 8 weeks and there are 4 terms per year (generally corresponding with ACT school terms):
TERM 1: Monday 18 Feb – Sunday 14 April (8 weeks)
TERM 2: Monday 13 May – Sunday 7 July (8 weeks)
TERM 3: Monday 5 August – Sunday 29 September (8 weeks)
TERM 4: Monday 28 October – Sunday 22 December (8 weeks)
Each term TTY will offer a small selection of classes at the studio. To join these classes we invite expressions of interest leading up to each new term. Please refer to our Class Schedule to see our current classes on offer. Then Contact Us to register your name for the class and we will be in touch with full enrolment details.
TO START YOUR OWN PRIVATE GROUP CLASS IN NICHOLLS
If you are interested in starting your own Private Group at TTY Nicholls taught by a TTY teacher, all you need to do is:
– get a group of people together (minimum 6-8 / maximum 17 in Nicholls)
– CONTACT US for a quote and to discuss details (time, duration, style) etc
Classes can be held regularly (eg weekly, fortnightly, monthly) or as a one-off team building exercise and we provide all the props. These classes would ideally run according to our TERM DATES, but may also potentially be held outside these dates.
TO START A PRIVATE / CORPORATE / WORKPLACE YOGA GROUP WITH OUR MOBILE STUDIO
If you are interested in starting or continuing a Private / Corporate / Workplace Yoga group, all you need to do is:
– get a group of people together (minimum 6-10 / maximum however many the room can fit)
– provide a space to hold it in and permission from your workplace
– CONTACT US for a quote and to discuss details (time, duration, style) etc
Classes can be held regularly (eg weekly, fortnightly, monthly) or as a one-off team building exercise and we can provide props and mats for up to 20-40 people. These classes can start ANY TIME OF THE YEAR and do not need to correspond to our traditional terms and term break dates.
Read more about Private Groups and Corporate/Workplace Yoga HERE.
Payment Methods & Procedures
Payment is by invoice prior to the start of each term. Payment options are bank transfer or card payment. All Card Payments incur a surcharge ranging from 1.95% for insert/swipe transactions to 2.9% + 0.30 surcharge for manual entries.
All classes, including course enrolments, are non-refundable.
In the case of illness, replacement classes, including course enrolments, may in some cases be offered during the following term (less any classes attended) upon presentation of a doctor’s certificate.
If you can’t make it to a class you have enrolled in, as a courtesy to your teacher (to assist with set up and preparation) please text or ring us on 0409 329 887 at least two hours before class start time.
Private Group classes in NICHOLLS are limited to 17 participants in each class (except Relax & Restore which is limited to 13 participants). If a Private Group class is not filled to capacity for the term we welcome casual visitors for a casual rate of $25. You will need to CONTACT US to enquire.
Handy Hints – All other Classes & Courses
Please arrive 10 minutes before class starts to allow enough time to sign in and settle into your space in a relaxed way.
Mats and props are supplied but feel free to bring your own mat if you wish.
Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing in breathable or quick-dry fabrics and something to cover up with at the end of the class.
Remove shoes as you enter and store bags and personal belongings well out of the way of our practice space (in Nicholls, place your shoes outside the studio door, and other belongings in the storage unit next to the registration desk.
Store bags & other personal belongings in the storage unit next to the registration desk.
Yoga is practiced barefoot (or you can wear non-slip socks).
Switch off or mute mobile phones during class.
Please refrain from wearing strong perfumes & fragrances.
Practice on an empty stomach, ideally 2-3 hours after your last meal.
Stay hydrated. Hydrate well before and after class. Drink water or electrolytes to keep muscles supple and assist with the elimination of toxins.
Keep the teacher well informed about any injuries, health conditions or concerns which may affect your practice, including pregnancy. Let us know before class, not after, and keep reminding us! Keep in mind that yoga practice should always be done under supervision of a health physician if there are health-related circumstances.
Keep practicing! Expect to be sore. The more you practice, the better you will feel. A regular yoga practice is recommended to receive the full benefits.
Keep a growth (as opposed to fixed) mindset about your practice. Respect your body’s limitations: rest/modify when needed, yet be open to exploring your amazing possibilities!
If you need to leave early, try to spend at least 2-3 minutes in Savasana (corpse/relaxation pose) first, regardless what the rest of the class is doing.
Most of all…Have FUN and don’t be afraid to ask questions or provide feedback!
Disclaimer / Indemnity Clause
By registering and attending classes at our studio you are agreeing to our disclaimer/indemnity clause:
I understand that the instructors at Tidy Temple Yoga cannot provide medical advice. I understand that it is my responsibility to practice within my personal limits and to decide whether or not to follow the advice and guidance provided by the yoga instructor.
I agree to check with my Health Professional / General Practitioner before practicing yoga if I am unsure. I agree to keep my yoga instructor up-to-date and well informed about any injuries and/or health concerns I have.
I hereby agree to the following on behalf of myself and the children under my care:
1. That I am participating in yoga classes offered by Tidy Temple Yoga and designated representatives (Teachers).
2. I recognise that those under my care, including myself, must be in adequate physical and mental health to participate in yoga classes (Activity). I understand that the Activity may require physical exertion, and I represent and warrant that I/we are physically fit enough to participate and I/we have no medical condition which would prevent our full participation in the Activities. I recognise that the Activities may cause or aggravate a physical or medical condition. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before our participation in the Activities. If I have done so, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that the Teacher reserves the right to refuse our participation in any Activities on medical, fitness or any other grounds.
3. I am aware that our participation in the Activities could result in high blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury, heart attack or stroke and may aggravate pre-existing injuries. I understand that anyone under my care, including myself, could experience muscle, back, neck and other injuries as a result of my participation in the Activities. We understand our physical limitations and I am sufficiently self-aware to stop or modify our participation in any Activity before we become injured or aggravate a pre-existing injury.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which those under my care, including myself, might incur as a result of participating in the Activities.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claim” (as defined below) I may have against the Teacher (“Released Party”) that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Released Party from any loss, cost, or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf. “Claim” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that those under my care or I may suffer, my spouse, children or unborn child(ren) may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.